The ‘Food For All’ committee is a group of community members who have the goal of improving the health of people living in Elgin County and the City of St. Thomas. Since February 2016, the committee has been looking for possible solutions to increase access to healthy food for everyone in Elgin St. Thomas.
We have created a Food Charter and Food System Strategy for Elgin-St. Thomas. The Food Charter is our view of a healthy food system and the Food System Strategy is how we hope to achieve it.
What can you do?
- Learn about the effects of food insecurity for people living in Elgin-St. Thomas at The Cost of Eating Well
- Visit a farm in Elgin St. Thomas
- Go to a farmers’ market
- Volunteer in a community garden, such as the Moore Food Garden, behind Destination Church
- Pick fruit with the Elgin Gleaners
- Take a cooking class or become a You’re The Chef leader
- Check out food programs and services in Elgin St. Thomas
- Have your organization endorse the Food Charter or contribute collectively to local food programs and plans to achieve a healthy food system
Connect with us to share your experience, endorse the Food Charter, join the Food For All Elgin St. Thomas Committee or to learn more!
519-631-9900 or HealthyEating@elginhealth.on.ca