Elgin St. Thomas Public Health Inspectors are mandated to inspect all Personal Service Settings at least once per year in accordance with the Infection Prevention and Control Best Practices for Personal Services Settings (2009) Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care protocol. We check to make sure operators are taking the right steps to control the spread of infections.
Personal Services Settings include, but are not limited to:
- Ear Piercing
- Electrolysis and Laser Hair Removal
- Facials and Makeup application
- Hair Salons and Barber Shops
- Manicures, Pedicures and Nail Treatments
- Body Piercing
- Tattooing and Micropigmentation (permanent makeup)
If you have any questions or concerns regarding a particular personal service establishment, call 519-631-9900 and ask to speak to a Health Inspector.