Reporting to the Health Unit

Infectious Illness Reporting

Child care centres are required to report certain infectious illnesses to the Health Unit. Learn more about which diseases need to be reported and how quickly. 

Call Elgin St Thomas Public Health at 519-631-9900, Ext. 1232 or print and fax a Reportable Diseases Notification Form if you suspect a child has a reportable disease.

Be prepared to provide the following information:

  • Child’s full name
  • Child’s date of birth
  • Child’s address and phone number
  • Name of the disease
  • Symptoms and date symptoms started

Routine monthly reporting is required for chickenpox using the chickenpox report form.  Fax the form to 519-631-1682.


For more information contact