- Classes, Clinic, Events
Elgin St. Thomas Public Health offers regular classes for expectant parents, food handlers, caregivers and smokers wanting to quit. Some of these are free and others have a minimal fee to cover the cost of materials. Most require registration.
Certified Food Handler Classes
Prenatal Classes: Aylmer
Prenatal Classes: St. Thomas
Quit Smoking Classes
Teen Prenatal ClassesFood Handler Classes 2013 [Register Here]
- September 21 (Saturday): 9am - 5pm
- October 21, 23, 28 (Mon/Wed/Mon): 6pm - 9pm
Please Note: This is a 3-Night Course
- Alternatives: Course dates don't work for your schedule? You might want to try on-line learning:
- www.ingoodhands.ca offers the Food Handler Course for $28.25 (tax included).
- Once you finish the course, you can schedule a date and time (during office hours) to write the Certification Exam at the Health Unit (fee of $10.00, tax included).
- Contact us for more information: 519-631-9900 Ext. 1225.
It is recommended that anyone working in the food industry acquire certification.
Certification is valid for five (5) years.
Registration forms are available at the Health Unit office, or in PDF Form.
The completed application must be mailed, or submitted in person, with payment in cash, cheque or money order payable to:
Elgin St. Thomas Public Health
Location: Elgin St. Thomas Public Health, 99 Edward StreetCost: $40Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
99 Edward Street
St. Thomas, ON N5P 1Y8